VOTE NOVEMBER 7th, 2017
In the News
Town of Colonie named “Best Suburban Community” in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017
(Times Union annual Readers’ Polls)
» State of our towns is fortunate
When a town is able to wave such a flag that labels it the best community, it draws people
(Spotlight News Editorial, January 18, 2017)
» The numbers are in
An overwhelming 97 percent of Colonie residents agree that Colonie is a great place to raise a family.
(Siena Research Institute, June 28, 2016)
» In Colonie: Paula Mahan
Today, Colonie is no longer teetering on the brink, thanks to Ms. Mahan’s prudent management.
(Times Union Editorial, October 20, 2015)
» In Colonie: Paula Mahan
Our opinion: Paula Mahan’s record of turning around the Town’s dire finances is its own endorsement.
(Times Union Editorial, October 30, 2013)
» Colonie’s tale of recovery
Give credit where it’s due. Ms. Mahan’s fiscal stewardship has been sound.
(Times Union Editorial, September 2, 2012)
» What makes you happy?
Colonie is certainly viewed as one of the best towns in the Capital District
(Spotlight Editorial, May 18, 2016)
» Budget proposals the focus in three areas
In Colonie the  budget plan . . . .would mean a $6.50 increase on the bill.
(Times Union, September 26, 2016)
» Life in Colonie is fine despite roundabouts
Perhaps surprisingly, an overwhelming majority of respondents, 71 percent, said the amount of taxes they pay is just right.
(Times Union, April 22, 2017)
» Mahan cites gains over last ten 10 years
“By the end of this year, we will have invested about $10 million in long-term infrastructure improvements for our sewer and $14 million for our drinking water system.”
(Times Union, January 19, 2017)
PROGRESS IN COLONIE
- Keep Colonie Number One!
- Protect our quality of life
- Continue to invest in public safety
- Maintain excellent resident services
- Continue conservative financial approach
- Keep taxes low
- Continue updating critical infrastructure
- Increase senior housing options
- Maintain programs for our youth
- Update parks and recreation facilities
- Continue building reserve funds
- Concentrate on smart development
- Reconsider issues of density as part of our 2005 Comprehensive Plan review
Recent Honors for Colonie
- Named Best Suburban Community for 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 in Times Union Readers Polls
- Arbor Day Foundation names Colonie a “Tree City USA”
- In 2016, Siena Research Institute survey finds “overwhelming” 97 percent of residents think Colonie is a great place to raise their families
- In 2017, Siena Research Institute survey finds 95 percent of Town residents rated Colonie as a good or excellent place to live
- Colonie EMS earns Gold Plus Lifeline Recognition from American Heart Association
- Colonie Police Department earns rare 100 percent accreditation rating
- Colonie still among safest towns in the nation
- Named as one of the top 250 NYS towns to buy a home in by LendEDU
- Town Library rated Best Local Library in 2017 Times Union Readers Poll
Recent Honors for Supervisor
- Official of the Year, Public Works Association, Capital Branch
- Women of Distinction: Unsung Heroes Award, Albany County
- Easter Seals Community Service Award
- Italian American of the Year, Italian American Community Center of the Capital District
- Shaker Heritage Society Service Award
- Outstanding Leadership Award, Capital District Susu Women’s Club
» Read more about Paula Mahan's Goals
COLONIE - A TOWN TO BE PROUD OF
Philosophy: Colonie government will continue to focus on providing the essential services that government should provide and it is our job to do it in the most cost effective manner possible.
"As your Town Supervisor, I have worked hard to restore fiscal responsibility, create high ethical standards, and to bring efficient government practices to our town government. Financially, we have turned the corner and are now on the path to building much-needed reserve funds. With your help and continued support, we will keep Colonie a community and government we can ALL be proud of!"
» Paula Mahan, Supervisor